This was a personal project to create a site for the camera club of which I am a member. I built it as a way of learning to how to work with the MVC architecture within Umbraco 7, and the razor syntax.
The site includes many custom features, including:
- Photo gallery - Members can upload photos to various galleries.
- News section - A simple news section, which can be updated by moderators.
- Calendar - Powered by Google Calendar.
- Member's areas
- Photo uploader/manager - Members are able to upload photos to various sections of the gallery, including unlimited personal folders and communal folders. Members are also able to edit photo title, publish/unpublish, set privacy so only members can see them, or delete.
- Monthly themes - Each month the club sets a theme. This page allows any member to enter suggestions for themes, and a moderator can set these themes by choosing a suggestion, individually or randomly.
The site is hosted on a shared server, but to allow infinite uploads, the photos are stored on Microsoft's Azure cloud platform.